So I realized that all we can do is be happy and do the best we can while we are still alive. -Ecclesiastes 3:12

Friday, August 27, 2010

Almost at #29: Complete a triathlon.


Well, I'm here! My dad & I drove out to the west side of the state this morning & found our campsite. Correction... I drove us out to the west side of the state. In the motorhome. AHHH! But we both survived and so did all other drivers on the road. Several butterflies and two caterpillars' lives are in question but all in all, the world isn't much worse off post-Sarah-driving.

So, we arrived, sat around, and at 3:30 we headed for the triathlon park. I registered and checked out the lake (which was being buoyed up and let me tell you... those buoys are a LOT further than they're supposed to be). My dad and I biked part of the route just to get a feel for it and then headed back to meet up with Dana.

We got her registered (even if it did take a full hour). Then was Multisport 101 which was basically a class with a guy that stood up there and said everything that I've read in books over the past year but did a MUCH better job of making me feel a lot better about my decision to do this stupid thing.

I take that back. Sort of. I DO question my decision but this isn't a stupid thing. It's a potentially stupid decision but it's a huge scary big thing (right now at least). It's 9:13pm the night before and given the 5a.m. wakeup time, I should probably get to sleep.

I got some Lift Off today from the Herbalife store that Kelsey's parents run. Her dad got me hooked and now I'm super stoked to drink it tomorrow. Hopefully it's enough to clear my head and calm my nerves while giving me the energy to stay alive through the entire 32 mile swim (I swear those buoys are WAY more than 500 meters).

Pray for me! And Dana! And all of the mommies that are doing it too because I know their little ones would be so sad if something bad happened. And for everyone because I seriously don't know how anyone could ever get GOOD at this.

That's all for now... expect a SUPER excited Sarah if I do this thing and a super not excited Sarah if I don't! Hopefully tomorrow will involve a post titled "Completing #29." And hopefully my hands will be steadier when I go to type it than they are now!

No comments:

Post a Comment