So I realized that all we can do is be happy and do the best we can while we are still alive. -Ecclesiastes 3:12

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Completing #29: Complete a triathlon.

I did it!!! I finished a triathlon. Without walking! And within the tentative time goals I had for myself. =) I can't believe I did it! Given my nerves for the three days before, I think I did pretty darn well. AKA I finished, which is more than I was anticipating at 10:30pm the night before the race. I came in 5th for my age group and 108th overall (out of something over 450 people). I swam in about 15 minutes (partially because I waited to start until most of the pack was aways ahead of me... I didn't want to get kicked in the face and drown). I biked in about 48 minutes and ran in 30. Not too bad considering my goals were to swim in under 20, bike in 45, and run in 30! Other than that, I suppose the best way to tell the story is with pictures so I'll put it in slideshow form. Enjoy!



Next year's goals include swimming in 12 minutes, biking in 40, and running in 27. I think I can do it! =) I also want to swim out in front with the big dogs. So... here's to 12 months of working on my swim confidence! And to finishing #29: Complete a triathlon. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment