So I realized that all we can do is be happy and do the best we can while we are still alive. -Ecclesiastes 3:12

Monday, August 31, 2009

#28: Go skydiving.

It's official. On Saturday September 5th, I am going skydiving. Not just any old skydiving trip though. I am going skydiving with my 72 year old Morality teacher.

That's right. My 72 year old Morality teacher.

He is my hero. In high school, he taught me extremely valuable lessons regarding Social Justice & Morality. He truly cared about my well being, and even had a "talk" with another teacher due to the way she was treating me (and I just found out about that today!). He's always there to listen if I need to talk, and he takes an interest in EVERYONE'S lives -- really, everyone... he made friends with the most random people on the Guatemala trip. I wish I was as genuinely interested in every person's life as he is. He climbed the biggest temples & pyramids in Tikal... and did EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. He's the most humble man I've met, and the most gentle. And now he is jumping out of a plane with myself & 3 girls I played soccer with. I couldn't be more excited about it.

I'm a bit nervous but mostly just ecstatic. I can't believe I'm actually going to jump out of a plane. I've wanted to do it all summer but didn't think I actually would. I'm missing a Michigan game for it and I could care less.

Pray for us!!

In other news, I packed for school today. Filled up a UHaul, my car, my dad's truck, AND I have to come get more on Wednesday. (In all fairness, my dad's truck bed and backseat were MOSTLY filled with my brother's stuff). We'll see how move-in goes!!!

1 comment:

  1. 72? How wonderful and here I am...only 70 and not able to do very much with my bad hip--he makes me feel like a dud!. thanks for prayers for Grandpa Fred and I am emotionally touched by the young mother...a tragic happening for one so young and with a new baby. I love your blog...keep on recording your doings and your feelings.

    ReplyDelete