So I realized that all we can do is be happy and do the best we can while we are still alive. -Ecclesiastes 3:12

Monday, August 31, 2009

James 1:27

Waking up is my least favorite part of the day, I've decided. I'd rather jump to the part of the day where my face is washed, and my clothes are on. I've quit doing makeup every day - that's made morning a bit easier, and I usually don't do much with my hair, so that helps too. But getting out of my warm bed to splash cold water on my face is just not a happy thing.

Turns out, however, that every single day, it is worth doing. =)

Yesterday, I went to Mass and spent a lot of it thinking about my future. What does God want me to do? Am I supposed to get married and raise a family? Or am I supposed to do something else? Go figure, as I'm wondering about this, the lector says "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." That is ironic, because my "something else" option involves moving to Guatemala and opening an orphanage. (There, when people can't afford their babies, they throw them in dumpsters. I found that out and just felt like I HAD to help them).

So, I'm going to find a spiritual director. Because the idea that I may never wear a white dress in front of a church with a smiling guy in a tux is just a bit too much to bear.

In other news, training for the triathlon is going well. I've learned that no matter how much I do it, I will always hate running, but will always love the feeling I get afterwards (endorphins, perhaps?).

Today, however, is dedicated to moving. I haven't started packing yet... should probably get to doing that as the Uhaul arrives this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment