So I realized that all we can do is be happy and do the best we can while we are still alive. -Ecclesiastes 3:12

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home Sick for the Weekend

Whew College in the Fall of 2009 is absolutely nuts! Swine flu, OB clinical, & Psych are taking over my life!

I had to miss a soccer game and practice (quite unfortunate because I was SO looking forward to them both!) -and today's Michigan game- to go home last night for potential swine flu. One of the eight girls in my clinical came down with the flu (yay H1N1!) and I started getting sick two days ago. Didn't want to risk getting my roommates sick, so I went home for the night. It's been quite an entertaining weekend. My mom blocked off the bathroom with signs saying "STOP! DO NOT USE!" (It is now my personal bathroom) and there is a huge bottle of hand sanitizer near my door. Anyone that comes in or out has to use it. She bought two thermometers (spending over $50 on them!) to check for fever, and got a bunch of DayQuil, NyQuil, Thermaflu, and Cold-Eeze. I wasn't allowed to touch anything except the things in my room (which I'm sure will be Lysoled before I leave) and my mom has been the only one to come in my room (everyone else is too afraid). So far my fever hasn't come back though so we're hoping it's just a really bad cold and not H1N1 flu. At least I'm allowed downstairs now! Oh, not to mention potential ovarian cysts. But we'll see! I've got quite a few interesting symptoms that don't really go together. God just loves to keep things interesting!

Now I'm sitting at home with cups of Thermaflu and Cold-Eeze trying to get rid of whatever this is, while simultaneously watching a movie with my mom and trying to finish the mountains of homework due Monday. And yet, I feel like I could sleep for the next 5 days and still wake up tired. Obviously I'm having trouble focusing on homework. In all fairness, I did write a paper today. Next I have to do a medication care plan and notecards (which took like 20 hours last weekend). At least I have nothing to do tomorrow except help my uncle with math! =) Not to mention the steak dinner my parents are feeding me.

Yay for being sick after the first week of class!

1 comment: